Saturday, August 18, 2018

You are caught in a generational current | Re:Generation | Week 1



[Boomers - Generation X - Millenials - Alpha] 
It's called re generation which really is all about not just the next generation but it's about our current generation. 
I'm trying to encourage parents here, let's be a wise and be aware of the way that we're raising our kids. Let's teach them by living as an example.
How do you show kindness to your children? how do you show patience, gratitude?
The way that we are as mum and dad, the way that we love one another impacts a one-year-old, you have to wait till they're 13 to look out what's going on. 
The way that we honor one another in our household impacts our children.
The way that we talk about a passionate love for Jesus will impact the way your children are raised than the way they love Jesus.
We want our kids to have big dreams, and we want them to be who they're called to be, but if someone cannot sing a note in tune don't tell them to go on the local talent show and say you're the best singer ever because I'm your mother. It's going to be embarrassing for them.
As parents, we need to promote trust, need to teach them trust, need to teach them what endurance means.
It would be a lie to think that my adultery will not impact the next generation.
The Alpha Generation are our kids right now. Our little kids that have been born. 
The choices that we make will decide whether they go far or fall short. 
So the choices we make today impact the generations to come. 
Don't make the lesser choice, don't sell yourself short, hold out for God's best.
I wanna to say that your lack of obedience will spill over upon the future generations to come. 
My obedience today is my children's blessing tomorrow. Many of us are enjoying the blessing because of the obedience of those that went before us. We need to make sure that when we check out, we're going to leave more for those that are coming than what we have.

Cathedral Thinking:
When they went to build a cathedral, they would plant a tree 80 years before they started building the cathedral. It means what would you put in the hard work for, what you're gonna go out into the rain and the storm to dig into sow, you won't benefit from it directly but the generations to come will. and they'll say who planted that tree to build the cathedral is called cathedral thinking.



I believe it's gonna be relevant to the generation that we're in, and in fact I want to introduce it because It's called re generation which really is all about not just the next generation but it's about our current generation.

Because if we don't sort of make the right decisions in our generation, we're not going to set up the next generation.

So it's really about thinking across the generations and I'm going to show you how this is important because this is something God has asked his people to think about.

So we're gonna go on a course over the next few weeks looking into the generations.

God, what are you saying to me? and you might not have children right now, you might not even be married, maybe you're one of our part of our students sort of group, you might be part of that. Don't switch off.

If I could have heard what I'm about to share with you, this is like me, sort of I didn't looking back to my younger self and saying you just need to realize these things.

Don't leave it too late, I want you to pick up on what God is saying here.


Generation - X:

First of all I want to introduce you to Generation X

It's like a little bit of research. I'm going to try and do it really quickly and effectively and talk about generations.

If you're in Asia or Africa you might not quite sort of, it might not be quite as relevant but you will get the principle of what I'm talking about.This is perhaps more Western sort of analysis, definition, just stay with me you're gonna see where we go in.

So Generation X is my generation. So if you ran that Generation X, that's what it looks so cool. It's like x-men. What a cool generation to be part of Generation X.

Latchkey kids:
If you were born around this sort of generation, there's a sort of little bit of a catch phrase with it, you're the latchkey kids.

I'm a latchkey kid. what is that? what it means is, we were the first generation young children to return home after school to empty houses. Because the previous generation, my parents, they found this like, I didn't knew independence and freedom and from it, women went out to work more and more and because of it, it meant both mum and dad would go out to work.

So my generation, the X generation with a first to come home to an empty house so I had my own key. that's what it's called it's a latch key kid.

I might have been seven years old eight years old. I would go home now it's fine at the summer, but when winter came it freaked me out. Because when you're the only person at home and you know is dark. I spent a long time hiding beyond the sofa which is funny, but I'll tell you what it impacted me.

I just wanted to start thinking about the environment that each all of us were born into.

More Divorce started:
Also there was more divorce than ever before started. So then you had single parents that had to go out to work and that's why the children were also at home.

Also from it, it meant that you had to take care of yourself. So I remember that my mother would say, hey you can like sort things out for yourself. I remember where the frozen pizzas were? and that was T, tin of beans frozen pizza that was the regular thing. You have like a pack of ten and they were about this big and I don't know what was in there. You put in the microwave and this was your tea and this was like normal.

I never heard of free-range. I'd never heard of gluten-free. Just think about where we come? I remember when we were first married that whole thing about hey there's ease in your food. I think what it is and then you suddenly realize, you can eat all this terrible stuff, preservatives.

Let's just think how the whole of our generation has shifted today to this like all the different foods, the health, nutritional values. what a shift?

Independent:
So generation X, because of the economy and the way things were, they become a very independent generation.

If you study it, you will find that a lot of people who grew up as Generation X are very independent which can be good and bad.

They became cautious and known to be quite cynical which means I've had growing up just be careful about, not being cynical about things I see in life.

Because of the background of my generation that had. It was really caused by where I was coming from and what I landed into.

All of this meant that I try to be self-reliant. So from a very young age, I could iron, clean, cook. There was self dependence but also a view, don't think to positively, things could go wrong.

It's just amazing how that generation, I'm generalizing here being just see as they studied it. you will see these things they come through. Every generation has a similar one.

Millennials:

So my children, now they're known as the Millennials.

I know I'm speaking to Millennials right now. so we're gonna switch straight into where we are now? the Millennials.

Self-Centric:
When I talk about the Millennials, I don't need to feel defensive. But there are words thrown around like Millennials that they're very self centric. They sort of want things now.

We can go on and on with what that is? but I want you just to realize that where the Millennials are today, where you are today is because of my generation, Generation X.

Because you didn't create that culture. Actually the generation before began create that culture and that came from an impact from my parents and right now what I've done is, I've landed in this world where we're raised in our children, Millennials and we raised them into this world that we have the impact of them on.

Instant gratification:
So a big sort of challenge around this is thing of instant gratification that we all have. It's not just Millennials, it's all of us now because we're in it.

I might be the X generation, but right now I am in this season where we've seen the Millennials and everything happening and there are many wonderful amazing things but one of the things to do with the internet.

Social Media impacts:
Social media is this instant gratification. We've seen such progress more than ever before because you think 150 years ago you basically one generation was similar to the next, to the next. But we've seen this huge shift wage generation is changing with technology and how it impacts us.

You guys stick with me because you got to understand how this. This has a relevant impact upon our lives.

This instant gratification, you just think about it. If I just need something, I can do it here, hopefully not in church this morning. But I just need that puncture repair kit so I can fix things and you know what if I get the super duper fast delivery it could even come from the sky.

We're at an age where you don't have to. If you wake more than a day, you're thinking where the heck is it? something's gone wrong, we run out of coffee and Heather will say, you need water the coffee. I'm on it, I'll tell you what next, it's there, it's on our doorstep the type I want, the color I want, the flavor I want and also what Heather wants, it's all there.

I actually used to come to this place to watch films when it was a cinema. We used to come in and it was a Saturday morning, it was the matinee. Someone had a little piano at the front. They would play, God save the queen and we'd all stand and bring it back and then you'd have like Flash Gordon in black-and-white. You couldn't come in and say which cinema do I want 3D? do I want dwell? it's like hay you can have what you're given. You just glad there's a movie.

At home we only got three channels and yet now you've got a Netflix, you have to go anywhere. You can go through all of this, instant gratification of what's available online and if you really feel like it, you can even binge watch.

All of this has an impact not only on our Millennials if you're a millennial, but on us as well currently right now.

Struggle to understand the process:
So what happens is those that are growing up in it, struggle to understand process. They want to see results and what happens is when you go through process there's something that you learn about character, something that you learn that you have to achieve.

Let's just talk about dating. When I dated, I mean I had to actually get in the same room as the girl that I fancied asked it out. When I saw Heather, it took me a few like weeks, but I finally got the nerve up and I'm there like working towards this quiet, moment in the room as she collided by and I knew this was my one moment. and I remember like if there she goes, there she goes and I sort of cornered her. I said can we gonna out? what do you say? can we gonna out? She asked me about three times what are you saying? I want you to come out with me, and there was that walk witness, we didn't have like phones. Actually in fact we were going out, we wrote to each other with a pen and paper. If Heather want to speak to me, she had a walk a mile to the phone box, those red things. That's how we dated.

Online Dating:
But today we got dating sites. You can be whoever you want on there. You can sort of build a profile that actually isn't right of you because you just want to get that swipe, those of you don't know, there's a swipe to the right is good, swipe to the left is bad.

It's very interesting because I heard like a report this week about online dating. They were trying to do the benefits and positives. Against all the negatives and they're finding more and more that there's far more negatives than positives, because of the pressure that's being built, because of the amount of people that putting themself forward, because they're struggling to meet someone like we used to meet someone, and because of that lack of patience which comes from the Self Indulgence is, instead of like put myself up there in front of maybe a few people I might meet, that let me put myself up there in front of the thousands that I'll never meet.

Pressure, Anxiety & Depression:
Let me go through a list and this one young man was just going through the whole list of things that he kept adding to his profile, to get people, to basically I'm still not working, it's still not working, to the point of adding pressure and anxiety. This is what they're all saying, I became anxious because I wasn't the person that people were looking for.

We could have some fun and laugh but you can just see how impacting. This isn't like normal for many people, there are so many of these websites that come and impact people and through it cause some terrible depression.

We're also on world right now where depression is very common to talk about, and it's one of the first things they often ask you if you're struggling with stress and stuff.

When I was young no one ever mentioned the word depression.

I won't say, it wasn't there. but there I just think in the world that we're in, and the generation that we're in right now, because of the immense pressure and what is going on our world, this instant gratification which removes patience, which doesn't build character. It brings almost like artificial relationships.

We know through social media the whole thing of just finding people that were like is a massive pressure.


We are a product of our parents generation:

So we are a product of our parents generation that's good and bad.

So I want you to realize there are things that we need to honor and say I'm so thankful for that. I had parents that chose to follow Christ and set me on a course I'm so proud of that they gave me a head start in that.

But also I'm sure they would say to me as well I know that there were things that you had to work through and fight through because we passed them on to you.  This is where I'm going especially next week, don't just grab this week, next week I'm going to be speaking more about this, about what we're leaving for the next generation, things that we should have dealt with, that we never dealt with. and so we are a product, you're a product.

We hear all the time, in all the years of pastoring, counseling and the stuff. we've heard all the time where people will say you know you get down to why are you struggling through this thing in your life? and it will often come back to, well it was because my upbringing, my mother father or lack of mother or father all these things. so it's just realizing that we are a product of our parents generation.

Now turn that around, it means those of us that our parents have got to realize, what are we producing? it doesn't just work one way, what's the other way?

We can't change what's being but we can certainly change where we going? Where we are?  that's what this series is about it's saying it has an impact.

When we young, like very young the only approval that we need in our life is our parents, all those that guardians over us. But as we go through adolescence it changes through that approval looking towards our peers. If we as parents don't realize, especially in this world that we're in that there is this massive pressure to be light and acceptable within a certain period group.

We don't realize that as parents as Guardians, we're gonna be looking in the wrong place. A place of anxiety and depression, because we can never quite get to that place. and so there's a huge call-out to parents here.

We are a product of our parents generation both good and bad.

Raising kids, As a Parent set an example:
When Heather and I were raising our five boys there was something that I learned, as I was growing as a parent was that what we put into our kids today takes seven years to really come out and that really impacted me.

When you see a bit of a behavioral issue, you tend to think right let's deal with it now. But if you've spent the last seven years building something and you suddenly think what the heck? what's wrong with this boy? and you don't realize that it's from the decisions from very early on.

I'm trying to encourage parents here, let's be a wise and be aware of the way that we're raising our kids.

The way that we are as mum and dad, the way that we love one another impacts a one-year-old you have to wait till they're 13 to look out what's going on.

The way that we honor one another in our household impacts our children.

The way that we talk about a passionate love for Jesus will impact the way your children are raised than the way they love Jesus.

Just saying we don't need to talk about that and we go to church. Nope. The culture in the environment that you set, it will impact the next generation.

When I start thinking about the years beforehand that you've got to prepare for this. I just feel like God is saying come on, wake up to love.

If we know that if children grew up in love and affirmation it's a powerful thing. But if they grow up in false affirmation, you have another problem because we also have been in a world where now whatever you want to be, you can be which isn't entirely true.

We want our kids to have big dreams, and we want them to be who they're called to be, but if someone cannot sing a note in tune don't tell them to go on the local talent show and say you're the best singer ever because I'm your mother. It's going to be embarrassing for them.

We have people who were deluded because they were told so long that you are genuine, you are the best, you're special. It's shifted the other way, because when I was young, if I said I'm special, it will be don't think you're special, your parents won't let you think you were special it's going to your head. Today is like you're special, I love yourself and against some of these things in the right balance a true about learning to love ourselves and these other things.

But when we just think how and just do anything I want to see it breeds an arrogance and also it disempowers people.

When you go in the school races today, we know there's not really a first you can have eight, you can be six winner.

I never won, it told me about hard work.

If there's no losers, you don't understand about hard work. If you're going to take sixth place and you're a winner, you're gonna feel like you're a fraud.

It will take more than a little badge to say hey aren't you great, you came six then you're like a winner, Nope. because we've got like nurture and be careful.

So we need to be aware of these influences in this generation and we need as parents to promote trust, to teach them trust, to teach them in what endurance means.

You might not always be able to have what you want when you want it.

To teach them have a real conversation that we set an example where our phones are on the dining table when we're having dinner with our children. what for? what is that for? we're teaching that this is a reliance that we need that we have. We create in culture and this is a generational influence a current that is run right through and we're jumping in on it.

I said to you this isn't blaming Millennials. Because in fact Generation X, my generation are the ones they were the minds that came up with Google, Amazon and YouTube. So my generation created what we're now in. So for us to think are their generation of today, not like when I was a kid. No we created that.

I'm trying to now speak back to that and so what are we gonna build right now is too late, wait, we're in front and then say what the heck were we doing?

We need to as the church and as Christian parents and even if you listen to this and you don't have a faith you know there's something for you in this, there's something about you building great young people, building children for the future.

I think every parent wants that kids with carrots and kids that are not influenced by likes and dislikes, but they find out who they really are and that identity comes through who are the guardians of them.

So it be aligned to think that the decisions that I make today are independent of those that come after me. We need to realize that.

So my decisions that I make around the way that I speak to my wife, around the decisions I make around finance in debt, the decisions that I make about how we going to set the culture in our home? how are we going to talk about others? are we going to believe the best? or are we gonna have a cynical crisp wedge?

It would be a lie to think that my adultery will not impact the next generation. well had a blip.

I want us to realize because we so easily smooth things offered in the Generation. Christians sometimes we good at this is like hey don't worry about that. Now I believe God has an answer for it.

I believe that God is a redeemer, but if we just think that we behave how we want independently of how it's going to impact our children, we've got another thing coming.

So that is a challenge to say, let's be wise about the way that we think, let's teach them what godly wisdom is, but let's do it by living as an example.

How do you show kindness to your children? how do you show patience, gratitude?


3 Generations:
This is a God speak to Moses. This is the first time that we see in Scripture that God refers generationally. He's not just speaking of Moses, he's speaking to the generations. God has this view, way he speaks he speaking hey I'm not just your God, but I'm the God of your father, and I'm the God of Abraham, I'm the god of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

You've got these three generations that he mentions and it's really important, because he's speaking something to us about the relevance of three generations .

So there's a pattern of behavior that you can create within three generations that once you establish it becomes resilient. It takes on permanence for good or for bad.

So you think back about all, yeah well that happened to my parents and actually my dad said that's because his dad was like that, and in fact we got bit the thing that runs through the family because that divorce thing carried on from one generation to another generation to another, that alcohol issue and addiction ran from one generation to another to another.

What God is saying here is, you give me three generations that obey me and follow me that find a place to actually sort of say, we're putting you first god, we're gonna build your house firs,t and as for me and my family we will serve the Lord.

But you know what, the devil isn't really that bothered if you just you're a one flash wonder or one generation wonder. You can either be the greatest. I don't know Reacher of people impacting this world in one generation. If you don't pass it to them to your children, to the next generation, it won't stick there's no stickability. It'll be like who was that? Can't really remember much about they did a few things didn't they?

But when you get it stick into the second generation, that's when the enemy gets work, that's why the enemy is interested in robbing the seed of the next generation, that's why there is a contention and a battle.

Maybe I'm speaking to some parents that are going through something right now where it just feels like you're your child, your teenager, maybe your grown-up child is like just walking away from God or in their place that they made bad choices because you've got to know that there is a battle for your seed. Because once you pursue and you press in and you back, we have to realize this is a cosmic battle.

It's not just like, oh we're having a few issues here, because of I don't know social media, self harm, etc. You have to realize there's a big cosmic battle going on here.

Seven years before we're building into our children these things and as you start looking at that you start seeing how we need to set them up, set them up to win, set them up. But God wants to see this resilience, it comes through the pan of generational. generational thinking it's challenging, isn't it?


God responds generationally:

So we could safely say that God responds generationally.

When he speaks to Moses, he's not speaking just to Moses. He doesn't just see your generation. So even with us here right now, on this day, he doesn't just see you, he actually sees the generations that are within you. He sees the generations before that's how he responds to us is generationally.

That's why, it's important that we don't disconnect. It's like our turn, this is our slot, this is our light you know we've arrived here on stage, here we are and it doesn't really have a big impact on what's coming next. Nope. it does.

We have to realize what we've picked up that isn't good, realize what is good that we need to pick up and carry and then we got to decide what we're gonna take into the next with all of the environment and all of the sort of challenge of the environment and the culture of the generation we live in right now. But God is with us.

That's why, I think we have certain nations around the world particularly in some of our third world countries where men abdicate responsibility as fathers. Because if you can get father's not to step up into their responsibility, you break the line of a generational pattern.

If those men keep stepping away, maybe I'm speaking to one now is if you sort of had just tempted to leave your wife, or to leave your children, and maybe you're not even married but you're gonna walk away because it's easier to for you just to look after yourself, it's easy for you to go and earn your money and find other women, it's easier for you to sort of live selfishly, you haven't thought that this is about the generations But there's something about the generations that will come and that's why it's the greatest robber.

I'm saying that God is a God of the generations and if we just think this is about my world and my pressure and my challenge and I'm struggling to support my family so I'm gonna walk. The enemies, they're saying there, there's another generation that will amount to nothing, and there's brokenness in the trail.

It's only when we get this turn around and I especially man, God's man that would actually step up in responsibility and set this culture and set this for those that are coming after us.

My obedience today is my children's blessing tomorrow.

It's not just about me doing something, so I can get a blessing today, no my obedience the reason that I'm gonna discipline myself, the reason I'm gonna pursue God through this, the reason I'm gonna show them that we will always trust God no matter what is, because my obedience today will be the blessing of my children tomorrow. It doesn't stop with me.
This is what God is saying the benefit that I think the challenge is coming through the generations as in that that negative stuff, but the positive thing is  when I get it right, it flows through the generations.


So we know that, he was starts off Abraham, he starts off basically no children, Barron there's this promise to say I'm gonna make your descendants like your seed. What does it come through? what does the blessing come through? it comes through obedience.


Because you have obeyed me, and he's speaking to Abraham here and you will see that there is even Levi who is like his great-grandson, it say it talks about the blessing that comes to him because of what Abraham did.

It means that what you do today, and the hard decision you make today, and the choice to follow God, the choice to maybe give when it's difficult, all these things when you're obedient to what God has called you to do, it spills out and it floods out on the generation to come.

This is for us as a church, it's not just for people with people with children. We got to realize no matter what age you are, what generation you are, you're not out of this, you're in it right now and there is something about what we're spilling into the next generation, what we're modeling for the next generation and it says clearly because of your obedience. I'm taking you from barrenness to fertility, to an abundance all because obedience is the key.

Obedience is the key. Whatever you're struggling with right now, obedience is the key. If you think that your marriage is over, you need to realize that he doesn't give up on it, obedience is key. He's a God of restoration. It's not just oh well we're packaged that and put it off and carry on.


Boomers - Generation X - Millennials
So I'm going to try doing something now. I want to do this diagram that I made.here we go these are three generations.

So we've talked about three generations create in a pan a cyclical pattern either of good or a bad.

The boomers are my parents generation. they're the boomers perhaps the baby boomers, they had this sort of hippie and all that sort of stuff and they were like found this little liberal and there was all this stuff and so there was this big like increase that they just called the Boomers.

Generation X might was came out of that. so we were like we were being built on out of that. Then the Millennials come on top of this.


Generational Current:
But through it all, you've got to realize that there is a current. So a generational current that flows through from one to the other.

We can actually prolong that and build banks to gauge it through for bad or for good, and it will pass through. and that's why people talk about all year, my great-grandfather and we looked in our roots here and it's got this.

If you're not intentional to break something that is damaging your family, the current will run through one generation to another to another with all the complexities and challenge of the current generation.

But if you get it right and you start saying do you know what? as for me and my house, we're gonna serve the Lord, I'm not going to say to my kids when they get to that awkward age of saying I don't want to go to church and they sit there looking miserable, well we're a bit more like you're special, aren't you? and we just want you to find your way and like experience it for yourself, you stay at home mum and dad go to church. You're making a big mistake. I'm telling you big mistake.

There's somewhere in the middle we means you don't have to force children. If I'm leading my children, I'm saying this is what we're doing as a family, and I'm not gonna make you worship, I'm not gonna make you do things, but we're gonna go and this is something that is a priority and as long as you live in my house.

I'm saying you that this is the current that runs through, because all at that time you're exposing them to one moment where the Holy Spirit drops revelation suddenly they understand, well this isn't just my parents faith, this is a faith for me.

But some of us haven't even got our kids in the place to be able to hear it, because we decided to vacate and get out there, because we didn't like the confrontation at home. We didn't like the atmosphere because it was awkward and there were times in the bedroom, and there were times like where we had to bring discipline, because we just taught me as well just give in.

Don't give in because this is the generation to come, this is like a birthright, this is your inheritance.

I've seen too many parents just get into this wishy-washy stuff more out of fear rather than out of conviction to lead. Leadership is what's missing.

image 8

Choices:
All of this comes around this thing called choices.
This is the good news, you can be in a generation that is rubbish and I'm sure I'm speeding some people that haven't had parents raised them, maybe you were adopted, raised by your auntie, maybe you were like in a situation where you just did not have a good start.

Legion
I know many people in the Bible there was one called Legion and he had so many like spirits and demons. My guess is he didn't have a good family background. But when Jesus turns up, everything changes.

Because when Jesus turns up, he didn't say hey you got a few issues, we need to like check you into like a health clinic or something.  He says I see the purpose and destiny in you.

What he's doing is he speaking to Legion about his future. He's saying that today's the time to make a choice.

I think as he brings deliverance. He's also encountering the Jesus that makes all things do.

So even if you're at a place where just thinking yeah well I had a good start look at it like it's absolutely I've had a terrible beginning. But today you can make a choice.

All through this, some of us even have a great foundation and we make bad choices.

I can't make my children make good choices I'm gonna set up to do that but all of us have choices.  This is the thing that stands out in the generation that we're in. This is the thing that changes it all and what is it all for? it's because we're preparing the Alpha generation.


Alpha Generation:
The Alpha Generation are our kids right now. Our little kids that have been born.

The Alpha generation is the rocket ship we're launching. This is what we have right now in front of us.

Everything we do with this generational current that we're going to make sure it's a good generational current, we're gonna make sure it's powerful, we're gonna make good choices that make the difference.

Why? because we want to see our alpha generation launch, they will go further than we ever went.


The choices that we make will decide whether they go far or fall short. 

You cannot separate the choices you are making right now with the way it's going to pour out as a blessing upon those that are yet to come.


The choices I make today impact the generations to come. 

That's right for every one of us not just parents. You can be young people, you can be a teenager today, the choice you'll make today and being obedient to Jesus will take you this way or that way. You've got a choice to make.

Don't make the lesser choice, don't sell yourself short, hold out for God's best.

The choice I make about Tithing. I want to bring the reality of this where God says you know where to bring the Tithing and the offerings into the house of God. It's not just oh well I don't really know if I agree with that.

I wanna to say that your lack of obedience will spill over upon the future generations to come. 

It's not just about well you know we've taken this new mortgage and it's a bit tired. You have made your own house and you've caused a disadvantage to your children. But you think, you created a nicer home but you've created a more difficult future.


Cathedral Thinking:

There's a picture of a cathedral and you would have heard me talk about this years ago Cathedral thinking. I don't want to deposit this few Cathedral thinking. what it means is?

When they went to build a cathedral they would plant a tree 80 years before they started building the cathedral.

Why? so that they had trees to harvest for the timbers and in the roof and all the scaffold that they would build with it. Its look like a forest.

So 80 years before, they say we're gonna build a cathedral. and they build they would sow, imagine putting in these saplings 80 years before. I'm never ever gonna see this tree like cut and used into its final purpose. I'm never going to see it.

But there's something that this generation understood about generational thinking, that is not actually about what I plant, and what I sow, not about what I reap.

But we've got involved through self-indulgence to want to see, I want to see an instant result now but God is saying to his church and he's saying to us a freedom right now that is not about what an instant result, it's about what you will sow for the generations to come.

It means what would you put in the hard work for what you're gonna go out into the rain and the storm to dig into sow, you won't benefit from it directly but the generations to come will. and they'll say who planted that tree to build the cathedral is called cathedral thinking.


Compounded Obedience = Generational Blessing
So the result is compounded obedience, time and time again, resulting generation to generation, obedience results generational blessing.

A blessing that flows, many of us are enjoying the blessing because of the obedience of those that went before us. and it's flowing God wants to increase it and it's exponential and it increases and it flows.

I personally want to make sure that when we check out, we're going to leave more for those that are coming than what we have.

Do you know? we have pastors around the world, and we got some church around the world. We struggling from week to week because we didn't have a resource to step into. The reason we didn't have that resource because we didn't have people who thought generationally before us.

Because this faith been going for 2000  years and if we were obedient, forefathers were obedient, we'd be stepping into an abundance, that there wouldn't be lack like we have. So you can't change that.

What I'm saying is we need to change it. We need to change the way that we leave more land, that we leave more finance, that we leave more opportunity, that we leave more vision, that we leave more wisdom for the generation that's coming.

It means we got to think forward, we have to think generationally, and it's true compounded obedience. that's what we want to do. This changes everything.

What are we gonna leave?

I pray that God a bless this word to you. Don't forget to join us next week where we're going to be looking at dealing with the Giants in our generation.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment