Types Of Data Structure
A data structure is a method for organizing and storing data, which would allow efficient data retrieval and usage.
Basically data structures are classified into two categories given below:
* Arranged in or extending along a straight or nearly straight line.
* Resembling the straight line; having only one dimension(length);
* progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequential
Linear Data Structure:
* Linear data structures organize their data elements in a linear fashion, where data elements are attached one after the other.
* Data elements in a liner data structure are traversed one after the other and only one element can be directly reached while traversing
Linear Data Structure- Array:
* Not arranged in a straight line.
Non Linear Data Structure:
* In nonlinear data structures, data elements are not organized in a sequential fashion.
* A data item in a nonlinear data structure could be attached to several other data elements to reflect a special relationship among them.